- Testing is available Monday – Friday from 7:30 AM – 6:00 PM.
- The Testing Center strictly adheres to closing time. The testing coordinators expect all students to submit their test at the scheduled closing time. No exceptions will be made.
- Students will not be allowed to test if their allotted test time exceeds normal operating hours (i.e. a student that has 2 hours to complete a test must begin the test by 4:00 PM at the latest). Students that cannot take their test in the allotted time will be referred to the course instructor for further instructions.
- Hours are subject to change during holidays. Please review the hours of operation before coming to the Testing Center.
- If UAMS calls inclement weather the Testing Center is closed. Testing coordinators will work with instructors to reschedule tests. Students should contact their instructors for more information.
Sign in Procedure
- Valid identification is required.
- UAMS Students/Staff must provide a current UAMS student ID badge in order to sign into the Testing Center.
- Non-UAMS students must provide a current photo ID such as a Drivers License, Passport, or Military ID.
- All students will sign in for tests by checking in with a Testing Coordinator.
- All students will place ALL belongings outside the testing room.
- Personal belongings include backpacks, bags, purses, food, and electronic devices (cell phones, laptops, cameras, personal data assistants, smart watches, etc.)
- Cell phones and other electronic devices should be turned off.
- Only materials specified by your instructor, in writing to the Testing Center, are permitted in the testing room.
- Respect others by remaining quiet during your test.
- If you have questions or concerns about the test environment, please quietly notify the testing coordinators.
- You may NOT converse in the testing room. Engage in quiet conversation only with the testing coordinators.
- Students are responsible for tracking their own time while testing.
- In the event students have to use the restroom, they must notify the testing coordinators up front, sign out, and sign back in when they return.
- Students must arrive and begin their test on time. Students who arrive late will forfeit their reserved test time. Your instructor will be notified of your absence and will determine if you will be allowed to test. If you are allowed to test, your instructor will then work with a testing coordinator to schedule a make-up exam for you.
Academic Integrity During Testing
All incidents of suspected cheating will be documented utilizing camera recordings, screen captures, and testing coordinator testimony. The testing coordinator will report all incidents to the instructor immediately.
- An incident can include:
- Giving or receiving assistance of any kind, including searching the Internet
- Using materials not authorized in writing by the instructor
- Tampering with the operation of the computer or attempting to use it for any function other than taking a test
- Tampering with the monitoring camera
- Talking with other testers during a test